AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm actually asking this for a friend.


This is the model Onkyo (604).

http://www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=...s=Receiver&p=i


He basically has a Computer with DVI out to HDMI converter and gets video fine.

But his audio is analog. He can't seem to find a way to map Analog audio on this Video Source component.


I helped him set things up for other sources and showed him how to map things.


He's very technically competent but can't figure it out and claims it can't do it.


I said it has to allow for that.


Any ideas?


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo /forum/post/0


I'm actually asking this for a friend.


This is the model Onkyo (604).

http://www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=...s=Receiver&p=i


He basically has a Computer with DVI out to HDMI converter and gets video fine.

But his audio is analog. He can't seem to find a way to map Analog audio on this Video Source component.


I helped him set things up for other sources and showed him how to map things.


He's very technically competent but can't figure it out and claims it can't do it.


I said it has to allow for that.


Any ideas?


Thanks

You mentioned co-ax in title, but analog in the message. The following will work, if he is using digital co-ax for audio.


First connect the computer using digital co-ax cable to the receiver. Now select the source on which he has connected (and assigned) the video from computer, i.e. DVD, Video1/2/3 and then press 'digital input' (it is on front panel) button repeatedly till he sees the right connection (coax1 or coax2). Thats all that needs to be done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops sorry about that.


In either case how do map audio when using an HDMI source and not have the system expect audio to come over the HDMI. Be it analog or coax or optical. In his case it is analog but I assume the procedure would be the same. Right now it always assumes audio with comes with the HDMI link.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo /forum/post/0


Oops sorry about that.


In either case how do map audio when using an HDMI source and not have the system expect audio to come over the HDMI. Be it analog or coax or optical. In his case it is analog but I assume the procedure would be the same. Right now it always assumes audio with comes with the HDMI link.

Did you try my suggestion in post# 2?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by axs /forum/post/0


You mentioned co-ax in title, but analog in the message. The following will work, if he is using digital co-ax for audio.


First connect the computer using digital co-ax cable to the receiver. Now select the source on which he has connected (and assigned) the video from computer, i.e. DVD, Video1/2/3 and then press 'digital input' (it is on front panel) button repeatedly till he sees the right connection (coax1 or coax2). Thats all that needs to be done.

I finally got back there today. I knew how to do what you suggested above. What was confusing was the analog case. Which you set to the digital mapping to "----" and make sure you plug that analog source into the same named video source.


Gosh what hack that unit is.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top