AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a plasma set but have had a bit of a problem.. my better half is not very technically inclined and since the set I'm getting won't have speakers in it, I'll have to use my home stereo for the amp and speakers. Now comes the problem, there's a cable box, home stereo and plasma TV.. How do I get it so they can all easily be controlled by a novice? If there are multiple remotes, each requiring multiple steps to watch tv.. I'll never hear the end of it!

Thanks

michael

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree with DonBerg. I just got a new plasma, surround sound, DVD player, and mini-dish satellite. I bought the Sony RMAV-3000. It works great. You can program all the clickers into 1 to rule them all. Once programmed in you can remove any keys you want to reduce clutter and keep the wife from screwing up the system by accident. You can also set up macros so that 1 button shuts everything off and on, another button set's up all the necessary connections to run the DVD player w/o user intervention, another button sets up the cable or satellite so that it's ready to go.

I got the clicker last night and it took me 2 hours to get it ready to go. Me and the wife are very happy now.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Hire yourself a 12 year old kid to get it all hooked up :p

Just kidding...a universal remote is a godsend...I use a pronto, but there are several out there that will learn your old remotes, perform macros, etc...

My pronto setup is quite easy to use, and passes the WAF test....home page -

Watch TV

Watch DVD

Watch HDTV

Watch DivX

Press one button, everything switches to the correct input, and go!

Cheers,

Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.