AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon

I am trying to determine what is the best way to move my sub around in my room to try to achieve the most neutral response prior to calibrate with audyssey.

My room is 13,6 X 10,4 and my sub is currently on the front wall in the middle as per THX recommendation.

I took measurement with REW and i have a peak at 40hz and starting at 50hz it goes downhill

So is there a pattern to use to move the sub base on the measurement result?

Alain

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apilon /forum/post/20884980

Good afternoon

I am trying to determine what is the best way to move my sub around in my room to try to achieve the most neutral response prior to calibrate with audyssey.

My room is 13,6 X 10,4 and my sub is currently on the front wall in the middle as per THX recommendation.

I took measurement with REW and i have a peak at 40hz and starting at 50hz it goes downhill

So is there a pattern to use to move the sub base on the measurement result?

Alain

Bonjour,

Since every room is different placement would vary. Try a corner to see if your bottom end will increase.

Using REW will be a huge help while you try and find a better position.

(of course adding a second sub would help
)

·
Premium Member
14,789 Posts
It's often easier to place the sub in the listening position and move the mic around the room. Once you find a spot that measures the best, place the sub there.

Do you have the crossover set on your subwoofer? What subwoofer is that?

Craig

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john /forum/post/20885453

It's often easier to place the sub in the listening position and move the mic around the room. Once you find a spot that measures the best, place the sub there.

Craig

The sub is DIY TC Sound LMS-R15 with Behringer EP4000

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john /forum/post/20885453

Craig

Does it mean that the mic has to be at the same level as the sub would be?

·
Premium Member
14,789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apilon /forum/post/20885839

Does it mean that the mic has to be at the same level as the sub would be?

You want the sub to be roughly in the seated listening position, and the mic to be at or near floor level where the sub would be. Your goal is for the sub and the mic to change places when you've found the optimal measuring placement of the mic.

Do you have REW connected directly to the sub amp, or are you going through a receiver or pre/pro? If the later, is there a crossover set in the receiver/pre/pro? It looks like you have a 60 Hz crossover set by the way your sub's upper frequency response tapers off. I would not expect that sub to do that.

Craig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.