Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

I'm using windows xp and powerdvd .. I like to know if anyone knows how i can setup xp so when my dedicated htpc starts, after booting it automatically starts powerdvd and yxy .. I am sure there is a way ..autoexec file or something but don't know how .. please help ..

thanks

Zee

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Put a shortcut to the program in the 'Startup' folder of your Start menu. I'm sure there must be help file info, or a knowledge base article on Microsoft's web site if you have trouble figuring out how to do this.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
If you put them in your startup they will both load... I am unsure if YxY will immediately grab control of the PowerDVD window (it does when you use auto insert but ??) and resize it to your desired default position / blanking...

Of course people that know will will know whats coming next :)... Command and control and any automation of HTPC's gets a whole lot more powerful once you have climbed the learning curve of Girder ( www.Girder.nl )...

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
There is a setting to launch your DVD player when a DVD is inserted but I dont know about at YxY launch...

You know my advice.... Polly wants a cracker ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.