AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a ReplayTV 55XX unit and it works swell.

I have the manual but also a question.

When I try to stop the playback of a scheduled recording, the choices seem to be "delete" or "play another recorded show" or "menu for more options."

All I want to do is "stop" and be able to watch again, an option I don't see.

What have I missed?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Some of your terminology confuses me. Are you watching a currently recording show? When I'm watching a recorded show, the options are resume play, delete, play another recorded show. Of course "menu for more options is at the bottom. Anyway go to menu. As long as you don't actively delete a show, it will still be there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you are correct on the options. My memory was inaccurate.

All I want to do is stop a previously recorded show but keep it for later.

I found that pressing "jump" terminates the replay without deleting.

Pressing "stop" and following the options/menu was leading to deletion.

Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiser13 /forum/post/20899865

Yes, you are correct on the options. My memory was inaccurate.

All I want to do is stop a previously recorded show but keep it for later.

I found that pressing "jump" terminates the replay without deleting.

Pressing "stop" and following the options/menu was leading to deletion.

Thanks.

If you choose "play another recorded show" that will keep the current show without deleting it, and return you to the recorded show list. At that point you can either choose something else to watch, or go back to "live" TV by exiting out.

BTW: Stopping a show in the middle will give you then options to play from beginning or play from where you left off if you go back to it.. so you can stop anytime, and start back up where you left off. [In case you weren't aware.]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm. I am using the current image file.

Going to "play another" does take me to the recorded show list but I can't exit the program I was watching or go to live TV from there. Unless I am still missing something obvious.

"Jump" however works.

All good to know.

I like the ReplayTV sufficiently that I've ordered a new Maxtor HD as a spare for the original 2004 HD.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiser13
Hmm. I am using the current image file.

Going to "play another" does take me to the recorded show list but I can't exit the program I was watching or go to live TV from there. Unless I am still missing something obvious.

"Jump" however works.

All good to know.

I like the ReplayTV sufficiently that I've ordered a new Maxtor HD as a spare for the original 2004 HD.
Your ReplayTV will only delete shows when:

1. You actively select DELETE somewhere and do it.

2. it needs to record a new episode of a show, and the amount of space you have reserved is full. i.e. - You set up a Replay Channel to record each episode of a show every night at 11 pm. You tell it to store 4 episodes. After 4 shows, there is no more room at the inn, per se. The Replay will delete the oldest show and replace it with the new show when the time to record comes up. Similar behavior is seen with "Theme" channels.

3. Your RTV is full. It will delete the oldest shows first to make room for new ones. (These shows will show up gray in the Replay Guide).

When you "stop" a show, it pauses the screen. It will keep that paused image in the screen until you tell it to watch something else, like another recorded show, or live TV.

You don't need to press "Stop" at all. Just press "Replay Guide" or "Channel Guide" and select something else to watch.

Cheers!

-Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.