AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sony VPL-HW65ES with 552 hours on it has recently started flickering constantly. I feel like it's going to induce a migraine headache if I watch it. I've read people suggest putting it into "high lamp mode" to make it stop, but I can't seem to find any menu options related to changing lamp mode. I've tried raising the brightness in case this is what people are referring to, but it hasn't made any difference. Can you please tell me how to put it into high lamp mode or otherwise make it stop?

·
Registered
10,275 Posts
When my Panasonic started flickering on low lamp, I switched to high lamp. It took about 20 hours running on high lamp before I could switch back to low without getting flickering, but that permanently corrected the issue. I've seen others say it took 100 hours or more on high to correct the issue, so it varies from lamp to lamp. Bottom line is be patient and don't get discouraged if it doesn't clear up in the first few hours. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Mine did the same for the first bit and had to run it in high lamp mode. It goes away and after 20 hours it would hardly happen at all in low lamp mode. After 50 it didnt do it again.

From what Ive read alot of pjs do this from jvc to even sim

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys. It seems I've had the projector in high lamp mode all along, and it's still flickering. In fact, it's gotten worse.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I start it in high mode and keep it in high mode. When I went to check which mode the lamp was in, it was already in high mode.

I've got the projector hooked up to my computer, and it flickers mostly when I'm browsing the Internet or otherwise using the computer, as opposed to watching a movie.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I start it in high mode and keep it in high mode. When I went to check which mode the lamp was in, it was already in high mode.
Same here with my HW50. I found a trick recently after experimenting that has worked for me and it might work for you. Try turning on "Film Projection" for a little bit, and then turn it back off. For me that clears up any flickering.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Mikenificent1,

Sorry to hear you have to deal with this, too. Where can I find the "Film Projection" setting you found stops your flickering?

·
Registered
136 Posts

I've got the projector hooked up to my computer, and it flickers mostly when I'm browsing the Internet or otherwise using the computer, as opposed to watching a movie.
I have never seen flickering problem in high lamp mode, only on the low one. You' d better ask Sony for a support.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts