AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi group. I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I tried to find the best forum.

I work for a dealership that has 3 locations, and throughout we have LCD monitors for displaying content. Id like to find a way to change the video and audio sources to these monitors and have it on a timer or at preset times throughout the day. One location uses coax, and the other location uses hdmi connections, I need a solution for both. All that is needed is one output, and at least 4 inputs, up to 8 or 12 would be fine. multiple inputs or a matrix switch would be great also, I just haven't been able to find any that utilize timed switching.

I'd like to find a unit that comes with software, but if not the timed switch is the most important feature.

if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

DJ

·
Registered
837 Posts
If you can manage to find a device or a couple of devices that is IR you could possibly use a global cache and Girder or another HA software and have timed rules for it to send to the global cache to send ir to change the sources.

Or, use a wall power timer (like for christmas lights) and if you have a device that changes source if theres power then it could turn off the HDMI and it'll automatically switch to coax then have it turn on HDMI a few mins later. Then have it turn off the coax and it'll automatically switch to HDMI. A lot of tv's have auto switching to sources.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts