AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung DLP model HLN507W. Since I only have ROM version 211 I don't have discrete codes for input selection. Is there anyway to force the TV to switch to ANT input so I can more easily define macros to switch from one input to another?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yes, that would be the best, but I called and the upgrade will cost $300+installation, so probably something like $400. That's a lot of money for just adding some discrete codes...

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
The problem is that it may be the only way to get the behavior that you want. I think there are other upgrades in the firmware as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've seen the specs on the upgrade and there's nothing of particular interest to me besides the new discrete codes. My set is working perfectly otherwise. This lack of discrete codes for input selection certainly is a serious flaw in my opinion for an otherwise excellent product, but it just isn't worth $400. I paid $3600 for this set just two months ago. I just can't justify spending another $400 on it. That's just too big a percentage of the purchase price...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.