AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im about to buy a samsung 226bw lcd screen, and need to know if my video card will support the resolution of the monitor using 1:1 mapping.

The samsung native res is 1680x1050, and my video card supports resolutions up to 2080x1050 or something, does this mean i should be ok with the video card?

its an old geforce mx200, not for gaming or htpc.

thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
There are certain patterns you can download which will show you whether you're getting 1:1 or not.

I'd suggest getting PowerStrip and creating a custom resolution of 1680x1050, essentially guaranteeing you'll be getting 1:1 mapping.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Check out the Powerstrip ultility, this can be useful if your monitor does not have a "complete" EDID information.

However the first step would be to download the latest drivers for your graphics card (ATI or NVidia sites), as pointed out below it is a fairly common Widescreen resolution.

Yours is almost a 16:10 aspect ratio screen, so even with 1:1 mapping 720p (1280x720) will have black bars, and depending on your setting be scaled to fit your width (1680x945 whilst maintaining 16:9).

Generally VGA offer most hope of 1:1 mapping on LCD's. Especially so on HDTV's (1366x768), where the DVI/HDMI input is expecting 720p/1080i-p...........unless its a 1080 screen, where HDMI is normally more likely to give 1:1 mapping.

Also 1:1 mapping is only half the battle, do not forget the benefit of 24/48/72Hz refreshrates with HD sourced video.

Check out the ntest utility, and moninfo ultility to help you in your quest.

·
Registered
996 Posts
First off, that is a computer monitor, so it should work with a computer. As long as you have the latest drivers, you should be fine since that is a common widescreen resolution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts