AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Toshiba 32hdx72 and I was wondering if there is a way to determine the signal resolution when viewing a component input. I would like to know if I am seeing 480p, 1080i, etc.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the exact same question - I called Toshiba and they said no (but who knows if the tech support person knew what they were talking about)? Does your power indicator light on the front panel blink or stay on solid? Mine is blinking and I am not sure if that is normal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My power indicator is solid. I'm not sure I ever saw it blinking. I did put it into service mode to fix some pincushion issues, but I don't remember it blinking even then.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Unpluging and plugging back in was the only thing that would stop the blinking...no idea how it got in that state.

One indirect way to determine the input signal based on the manual is to set to Picture Wide 2/3 and use the picture scroll feature. Theoretically, it scrolls to different ranges for 480i and 480P with no scrolling available for other HD modes......However when I input a 480P signal, it still scrolls to the 480I specs in the manual (+45 to -20). Do you get the same behavior?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.