Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Back in July I bought what I thought was a Barco Graphics 800 from a local guy that does (ohh noo the dreaded "DIGITAL" PJ installs). He had the "800" from by trading his install cost for the pj. So he didn't know what he really had. Well, the image looked good but needed to be converged. Anyway the top little cover has "Barco Graphics 800" on it.

Well, My father now has it and is playing with the Serial connection program to control the menu's. And it comes up as a Barco Data 1100. First, is the connection from the serial program that barco provide correct? Plus it will only take 1024x768 input, and RCA, and S-vid...

I there a way to tell that it is indeed a BD 1100

I got it for $600, high hours 11k (but tubes have no burn, with a slight burn on the blue that is barely visible, you have to look at it on a certain angle.) So what is one of these really worth also? I saw the ones over at crtcinema for 4500 but those all have new tubes... etc etc... Also, do the 1100's like the 800's only keep a running total for the hours? that is still cound the hours even when the tubes aren't on?

Thanks for all the info..

Dave

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
What is the ART number on the id tag which starts R9000XXX. This is the exact model number , you can look it up on the Barco Excel worksheets.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm. well we have a # like NR9000569, which match's up to the BG800.

However, the eprom comes up with 1100 and has a version of 4.04 and the serial #1042065 on the eprom.

Is there any way to tell the difference between LC and the 800 len's?

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
The big one (1100) weighs about 185 lbs plus. The little one (800) is only about 115 lbs. The lenses on the big one are heavy duty aluminum body lenses. They each weigh about 20 lbs. The LC lenses for the 1100 are either HD120's, HD200's or HD300's. The 800 only uses the HD8 REV B lenses AFAIK. When you take the big lenses off, the end will be convex(protruding) when you take the little lenses off, the end will be flat. Hope this helps some. Likely, a board has been swapped into this pj from an 1100. The 1100's are very heavy and significantly larger than the 800's.

Also, since the ART number is on the tub of the projector, it is far more likely to be the defining number.

·
Registered
968 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GN2 & Cousin.It thanks for the replies. It looks like it is an 800. The cover is much smaller on the "left" and "right" sides, It looks more like the 800 in the e-bay links.

I have a pic of the inside of the Barco on one of the forums here and will post the link once the search function comes back up since the server load is to big right now.

What would be necessary to change it back to the correct BG800 parts? is it the "controller" & "graphics" card on it? if so how much would that cost if I could find the parts (used of course)? Just wondering if it would be worth it to get the other resolutions that the BG800 can get since all we are able to feed it is 1024x768

Thanks for all the help guys...

Dave

·
Registered
968 Posts
Dave,

I'd suggest checking the part numbers on each board vs. the BG800 numbers to make sure everything is a BG800 part. The power supply (SMPS - 761770), horizontal deflection (761766), and sync/vertical deflection boards (761768) are the ones that are primarily frequency dependent. The part numbers are usually on the edge connector that mates with the backplane.

The BARCO spreadsheets with all the part numbers are here:
http://www.barco.com/projection_syst...rt_history.asp

If they are correct, all you might need are 3 EPROMs with the correct BG800 software to put in your controller. There are two basic versions of controllers that use different size EPROMs in one of the positions though. For about $10 worth of EPROMs this would be the easiest change, or for about $50 you might be able to get a replacement controller. I might be able to help in this area after I get through with another project I'm working on.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.