Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I don't get flamed for this.

I have been member on other forums and It was common to have an FAQ or How-To, for newbies mainly but also for reference to senior members. From the few weeks I've been lurking and reading I see there is tons of information, and I gets overwhelming when there is conflicting information within the same thread.

I know everyone has experimented with different techniques and materials, but there should be just one "easy" way of doing things...Shouldn't it ?

Maybe one of the web savvy members could create a site specifically for the AVS HT Builder F.A.Q.

Noy Lazy, just a thought on an empty stomach and up since 4:30AM reading this forum :)

Ivan

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Welcome to the mayhem ifeliciano. You will find advice from enthusiasts, salesman, reps, pro users, magazine editors, reps from Dolby, and famous people like Sam Runco, etc. One thing you will find is audiophiles and videophiles disagree. There are some clear-cut ideas that are more scientific and agreed upon. But much is the subjective.

·
Registered
7,656 Posts
Truer words never spoken. You will find many FAQ's here but not on this topic. Just too many details and options.

Have another cup of coffee and keep reading ;)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fair answer hometheaterguy. After the initial post, I began to think about the many aspects of construction and how everyone has their own way of doing thing, the myriad of products out there and the claims the manufacturers have for their products, plus how fast other products appear. I't will be an almost impossible task to maintain an F.A.Q.

Anyhow, Thanks for your reply....I will continue to lurk ask and learn. From all the forums, I've been a member of this one, AVS Forum, has the best behaving members. Corteuos and always willing to help.

Keep it up guys... :D

Ivan

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Ivan, I agree with you that AVS is the most professional and fun forum (you go David!). The things I take as gospel are ideas that Dolby, DTS, THX, and other pros all agree on.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Ivan,

Welcome aboard! Great picture there Jango!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey !

I'mListening i'll be updating my photo/icon once I have Photoshop up and running on my main PC. I've been surfing with an old PC that can hardly run Win 98 let alone XP. :rolleyes:

Ivan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.