AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the RKR Cassini. I am running my PC at 72Hz refresh rate at a 800x600 resolution. There does not appear to be any noticable improvement at higher resolutions. I have a Sony G70 projection TV. I would like to upgrade hardware and/or software to get a higher resolution and improved picture quality.

thanks,

Mac

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Mac:

___If you want to keep the RKR Cassini, you can remove the output trace filters for a slightly better picture. Do a search for Filter removal and you should run into the many posts about it from ~ 6 months ago. You are looking for the Mpact2 filter removal, not the GeForce filter removal, which was discussed even more.

___If instead you want an even better display consider a SW DVD player based HTPC connected to your G70. This will give you even better results. Just remember that the Mpact2 was the best HW decoder available and as such, was possibly the most stable HTPC solution you could own. I mention this because as you can tell with a quick read of the forums, some users still have problems with unexplained glitches. Use great HW, use good OS and SW installation techniques, and use the setup and SW tweaks talked about so often right here in the HT Computer forums and you will most certainly be satisfied.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

------------------

New E-Mail address for the time being ... [email protected]

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
As you have (surprisingly) not got much in the way of answers to this...

Why dont you contact DC (= RKR Video) and discuss with them what you are trying to achieve and what parts of the Cassini are salvageable...

As I mentioned via email.. you may be better off finding someone who would appreciate a SVGA only playback device (apparently very good when the RF mods are done) and selling the cassini to finance a new build..

------------------

[email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.