AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am VERY new to this forum and also to HDTV. Just bought a Mitsu 65" Diamond(65907) and was looking for a good HDTV receiver. I have DirecTV at home connected to an amp.

Now, the stupid question is, I chanched upon an open box TU-DST50 and bought it for $249 without remote and manual. The questions I have are?

1. How does this thing work? I thought there is a card slot to put in like a card from DirecTV?

2. How do I connect it to my DirecTV receiver if needed?

3. I am so lost with this and needed all your expertise...If you can, pls. email me directly at [email protected]

thanks

·
Registered
957 Posts
No the receiver you purchased is not a DirecTV capable receiver. It will only pull in your local over the air stations, or with a Dish 5000 receiver and costly HD modulator you can us it for Dish HDTV which includes both HBO and Showtime. You could then add a Panasonic PVHD1000 Digital VCR and record HDTV. If you do not wish to pursue the difficult and costly path of the Dish 5000, HD modulator check EBAY. You could easily sell your TU-DST50 and double your money; then purchase a DirecTV receiver which with also pull in the over the air HD in your area; probably much easier than your TU-DST50 which is a first generation HD OTA tuner.

Good luck

Rick

------------------

RJW

[This message has been edited by wezar (edited 07-22-2001).]

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Due to my excitement about this, I totally overlooked the big front label in front. HD Television Decoder. DUH! That's why when I looked at the back I only saw ANTENNA IN..duh!

OKay, off to eBAY then as I dont want all this hassles aof having 2 DISH in my home. Alien being from other planet might start contacting me if I have one dish too many

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.