AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an abandoned PrimeStar dish minus the LNBF. I would like to mount a DirectTV LNBF and use this dish with my RCA 38310, which has a built-in DirectTV turner. I am only interested in HBO HD for $13 a month. I have installed a BUD, so I think I could handle the aggravation of a jerry-rig. The dish has some degree markings, but I don’t know if they need any adjustment for the offset of the disk or whether they are the same as a C band dish. This dish is wide and big, has anyone put a bracket on it to hold more than one LNB? Thanks

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
If you can mount the DTV LNB at the right distance from the reflector it should work. As I recall, the Prime Star dishes are somewhat elliptical and about 36" across. Overkill but it should work...a dish is a dish..for the most part.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. It is a big thing; I had a hard time getting into the back of my car. Its real hot in Phoenix now and I wanted to get HBO HD before September, so I might just forget this idea and go with the Blockbuster $10 deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.