AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

I have just inherited a legacy overhead paging system my facility. Currently there is 4 old amplifiers that were purchased in the early 90's. I have just ordered a Bogen TPU250 Amplifier that I will be tying into my VoIP System.

My question is that currently there are 7 speaker runs going into a 66 block then to legacy amplifiers, most of them are no longer working. I do not know how to take this 7 runs and daisy chain them to a single 70v output on my new Bogen Amp.

What is the best way and how do I accomplish this?

Thank you,

·
Registered
3,652 Posts

If by “66 block” you mean the kind used for telephone systems, and the wires are all punched down on it, you can just run wire from the amp to the block, punch it down, and then punch down jumpers to all the other runs.

Better yet would be to ditch the whole thing and run new wiring. Speakers for 70-volt systems should be at least 16 ga., not the tiny 26 ga. used for phones.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If by “66 block” you mean the kind used for telephone systems, and the wires are all punched down on it, you can just run wire from the amp to the block, punch it down, and then punch down jumpers to all the other runs.

Better yet would be to ditch the whole thing and run new wiring. Speakers for 70-volt systems should be at least 16 ga., not the tiny 26 ga. used for phones.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Thank you Wayne,

Currently it is 18/2 FT4 cable that was used. You are correct in stating that the 66 block is the beast used for telephone. I would like to remove it the 66 block and make it easier to connect the 7 runs to the single 70v output on the amp but I am not sure exactly on how to accomplish this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wago 862 Series 4-Conductor

2x 3-circuit blocks would do the trick, or a large block with extra spots for future additions.

Use short hookup wire jumpers to bond adjacent circuits to expand the number of available output taps.

They're quite cheap at McMaster-Carr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts