AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boss asked me if it's possible to hook up to 8 computers to a plasma screen and view the 8 pictures at the same time (like when you play with friends on a game console and the screen is split in 4 virtual screen).

I know it's possible but how?

Anyone know of a simple setup to do this?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I would imagine the easiest way would be to have a PC combine all the different displays onto one screen, so it's feeding a single DVI/VGA signal to the plasma. Can you have multiple PCAnywhere or RemoteDesktop windows running simultaneously?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
I would imagine the easiest way would be to have a PC combine all the different displays onto one screen, so it's feeding a single DVI/VGA signal to the plasma. Can you have multiple PCAnywhere or RemoteDesktop windows running simultaneously?
Not really, my boss want to be able to plug any computer possible (Windows, Mac, Unix...) and view it automatically on the display (plug and play).

I found something with google:

http://www.magnasys.com.au/Products/...a/Kaleido.html

·
Registered
243 Posts
Keep in mind that it would be impossible to read anything in any of these virtual screens. The best plasma resolution available today is 1366x768 so each of 3x3 screens would have 455x256 effective pixels. Suggest to your boss to build a 3x3 matrix of 9 plasma monitors. It would look so much better.

Will

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The Aurora DIDO will do 4 screens but I'm not sure that it has 4 DVI connections (probably on 2 DVI and the other sources have to come from component/s-video/composite etc.)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Although we make the DIDO which does up to 4 hi-res images I believe RGB Spectrum makes a device that will do more but it comes at a very expensive price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.