AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Toshiba xs34 and have recorded a few shows. I can't find the button or button sequence to view the available HDD space used or left over. If this is possible, do tell.

Maybe the answer is in the manual somewhere but dang, that thing is big.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hit the quick menu button. They'll be a sub heading titled disk management. That will tell you how much you have used and how much you have left on your hd at your current bit rate setting.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I have the XS32, so I hope this isn't yet another thing different from the XS34. (Toshiba's website has the XS32's manual, not the XS34, or I'd actually confirm before posting this.)

On the XS32, you can press the "REMAIN" button (upper left button in the bottommost section of buttons on the flap that opens), and see the hard drive and DVD remaining space immediately on screen. (You can also use the FL.SELECT button to cycle so the front of the machine shows the remaining space immediately.)

(To bring up a sore spot) I sure wish Tivos had such an easy way of finding the amount of free space. (Yes, I have Suggestions turned on. No, that's not as easy or useful as checking free space like I can on the XS32).

·
Registered
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack
On the XS32, you can press the "REMAIN" button (upper left button in the bottommost section of buttons on the flap that opens), and see the hard drive and DVD remaining space immediately on screen. (You can also use the FL. SELECT button to cycle so the front of the machine shows the remaining space immediately.)
XS34 is the same. Press the "Remain" button under the lid on the remote control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.