Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a wiring question for you.

I just put in 4 in-wall speakers along a single wall in my office. The opposite wall is window, so no speakers can be installed there.

I would like to maintain some semblance of "stereo" throughout the area, if possible. To that end, I have the speakers wired sequentially as follows:

L -- R -- L -- R

The "L"s are wired to the Left channel and the "R"s to the Right channel. All are wired "normally", meaning Red to Red and Black to Black.

So, the goal is to have stereo between any two speakers (in the exact middle, it's "reverse stereo", but for my purposes, that should be OK).

I am wondering about in-phase, out-of-phase and cancellation effects. Does anyone know how these could be wired up properly?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Not L L and R R?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Milori:

I wired my outdoor speakers exactly as you have wired yours. I suspect making any phase changes would be the result of "overthinking."

Jeff HIpps

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi cpc,

I thought about L-L-R-R, but the 2 desks in the rooms are...(you guessed it) at about 1/4 and 3/4 the width of the room.

In other words, one desk would hear only L-L and the other only R-R. I wanted both desks to be able to hear everything.

Jeff,

I was wondering if I might be a victim of "overthinking" here! Maybe sometimes the simple solution is the best solution.

Just trying to find out if anyone knew something that I wasn't aware of.

By the way, the in-wall speakers are monopoles. I don't know if in-walls come in dipoles or bipoles, but these are straight monopoles, if that makes a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.