AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,

I am getting an HK 3480 stereo receiver. I want to hook-up a pair of bookshelves and a sub. What is the appropriate, or best, configuration for this?

Should I run speaker wire in parallel to the sub and the speakers (should I run to sets of wire off of each speaker output, one to the sub and one to the actual speaker)?

Or, should I connect the speakers through the subs speaker out terminals? Will this effect sound quality?

The speakers I am getting will be axiom m22, and the sub is either going to be Onix x-sub or Hsu VTF-2 MK3.

It appears the receiver doesn't have a dedicated sub out with bass control.

Please help me, I've never run a 2.1 before, so have never encountered the problem of how to wire-in the sub.

THANKS ALL.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wouldn't run the sub and the main speakers in parallel. I couldn't find anything on the Onyx, but the HSU does have high level inputs. Just run the wires from your receiver to the sub and then from the sub to you Axioms. Adjust the sub's crossover to no lower than 60 Hz, a little higher wouldn't hurt, and enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.