AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, how would everyone rate their experience with this Group buy???

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am too curious.... anybody

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A bit strange that there have been no responses yet on this group buy...anybody????

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi, just to let everyone know that I was one of the 5 that got in on the DST 3000. on the 9th I sent an e-mail to find out when it was shipped and to get a tracking number. as of this evening I have not received the DST 3000 or an e-mail from them yet. I will send another e-mail tonight and hopefully I will get a response tomorrow. when I find out I will let all of you know. I am curious to find out about the other 4 buyers. bill

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Well I called and they were also out but the price quoted of 799.00 did NOT include the dish as the original post stated.... I cancelled and bought a HughesE46 system.....

------------------

the audience is listening...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was also told that I was one of the original 5 (# 4 actually). I have spoken with the guy that is selling these several times. At the time of the purchase he implied that the 5 units were in his possession. Now he talks like he's waiting for them to come from somewhere. Each time he tells me that he is expecting his shipment any day now. Supposedly he is recieving them today (Friday 3/16). It's been over two weeks since I paid him for the unit. I really wanted to be able to say that this went fine but when someone tells you that they have something to ship and then they don't ship it, for whatever reason, it's hard to give them a positive recommendation. I will keep everyone updated on how this turns out.

-eB

·
Banned
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Blue:
I was also told that I was one of the original 5 (# 4 actually). I have spoken with the guy that is selling these several times. At the time of the purchase he implied that the 5 units were in his possession. Now he talks like he's waiting for them to come from somewhere. Each time he tells me that he is expecting his shipment any day now. Supposedly he is recieving them today (Friday 3/16). It's been over two weeks since I paid him for the unit. I really wanted to be able to say that this went fine but when someone tells you that they have something to ship and then they don't ship it, for whatever reason, it's hard to give them a positive recommendation. I will keep everyone updated on how this turns out.

-eB

ROF-LMAO.....

I wondered how long it would be before you guys started singing the blues on this one. Hopefully there is a good sale on Vaseline at your local drug stores since you all are going to need it !

OK class.. Lets review what you mamas and your daddys told you when you were young... If it sounds to good to be true.. It is !!!

Seriously speaking though... I thought that one of the moderators would step in long before it came this far and stop this guy from "rooking" you.

Ok Now.. Who used PayPal and who sent money orders ?

America wants to know !

Frapp -

·
Registered
141 Posts
I figured with no one replying it was a bad omen. I did order one on Wednesday from www.suttertel.com and I have a tracking number. It will be here today. The price from them is $799 including freight. Actually it was $749 when I got it plus $30 for 2nd day. I didn't want to chance missing the rebate from Toshiba so I went ahead and ordered it. Am looking forward to hooking it up tonight.

------------------

I'm Porky Pig of Borg you will be assim-assim-assim- absorbed.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Why is there's always someone in the crowd who takes peculiar delight in making a bad situation worse by taunting the victims? Where were these pearls of wisdom when the offer first broke?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I just purchased my from ONE-Call for 799.00 and I ordered a dish for $149.00 for a friend that will become the owner of the RCA that the new toshiba STB is replacing. I had the DST-3000 within 3 days and I had it up and running that very same night.

------------------

Kent Orso

·
Registered
277 Posts
____________________________________________________________ __________

ROF-LMAO.....

I wondered how long it would be before you guys started singing the blues on this one. Hopefully there is a good sale on Vaseline at your local drug stores since you all are going to need it !

OK class.. Lets review what you mamas and your daddys told you when you were young... If it sounds to good to be true.. It is !!!

Seriously speaking though... I thought that one of the moderators would step in long before it came this far and stop this guy from "rooking" you.

Ok Now.. Who used PayPal and who sent money orders ?

America wants to know !

Frapp -

____________________________________________________________ __________

I could somewhat tolerate a seasoned forum poster questioning my good name but for some newbie to come in here that doesn't know sh(t) from shoeshine and start stirring up stuff is where I draw the line. No one is scamming anyone here and I will post an update today in this thread once I speak to my dealer. For those of you that got in on the deal, we appreciate your patience and that is the reason I didn't do a second group buy yet because I wanted to make sure everyone was pleased with the 1st one. These boxes are in tremendous demand and with the savings I passed on they were a bargain compared to the prices I'm seeing listed in this thread. Please be patient and I promise I will have an update later today. Thanks!!

------------------

To Infinity and Beyond!!!

[This message has been edited by Leroy_Haynes (edited 03-16-2001).]

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
It may be too early to conclude this is a scam but I think there was definately some deception. After reading the posts here I am glad I decided on the Sony and did not participate in this group buy. I do not know who the dealer was on this buy but he should not have sold the units if he did not physically have them in his possession. If he was expecting them in a few days he should have made that point clear.

I have a question for those who participated in this group buy...has the dealer already charged you card? If so I would contact him immediately and tell him to remove the charge until the unit actually ships. There is no reputable dealer that I know of that would charge your credit card until the merchandise ships.

This is not meant as a slam against Leroy or his dealer but with the proliferation of "net" scams I think those involved should take steps to protect themselves.

Gary

·
Registered
277 Posts
Frap -

What do you mean by waiting so long when so many were waiting? There were only 5 boxes avail. so I don't know what you're talking about. As far as any deception it was never stated that the boxes were in stock. I knew they were released and my Toshiba distributor stated that we could have 5 because of the amount of business we do with him. When a dealer is allocated a certain amt. it doesn't necessarily mean they will be in on a specific date. We are given approximate dates, nothing more, nothing less. I did not have an update to post but I knew the individuals who reserved the 1st 5 boxes were in communication with my distributor so no reason to post here until something concrete had occurred (ie. shipped, backorder status, etc).

Has I stated from jump, I'm not even making anything off of this deal but only to give back to this forum. If all of us are so distrusting please get your answers to your questions up front before dealing and that way there will be no misunderstandings or slanderous statements!!! I'm out!!

------------------

To Infinity and Beyond!!!

·
Banned
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Leroy_Haynes:

I could somewhat tolerate a seasoned forum poster questioning my good name but for some newbie to come in here that doesn't know sh(t) from shoeshine and start stirring up stuff is where I draw the line. No one is scamming anyone here and I will post an update today in this thread once I speak to my dealer. For those of you that got in on the deal, we appreciate your patience and that is the reason I didn't do a second group buy yet because I wanted to make sure everyone was pleased with the 1st one. These boxes are in tremendous demand and with the savings I passed on they were a bargain compared to the prices I'm seeing listed in this thread. Please be patient and I promise I will have an update later today. Thanks!!

REGULAR AS CLOCKWORK......

OK Guys, I thought my post might draw him out for you. Now maybe you can get your goods or money back in a timely fashion.

Time will tell.....

BTW.. I wonder why he waited so long to post this week when so many of you were waiting ?

Frapp -

·
Registered
70 Posts
Frapp, please GO AWAY you are not in anyway helping out here!

FYI, I just got off of the phone with the guy that's selling these (he called me) and he has assured me that I will recieve my unit soon. At this point in the game I am not desperate just anxious to conclude the deal. I think the fact that Leroy and the seller are still communicating with us says volume about their true objectives. If this was a true scam, they would have both disappeared a long time ago. The bottom line is they are offering a very popular product at a very respectable price. Obviously, they are not making a ton of money off of these. It's very possible that the guy simply under-estimated the popularity of these units. However, as long as they keep the communications open and return phone calls like they are doing, then I see no reason to sling accusations or break out the tar and feathers yet.

-eB

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.