Registered
1,370 Posts
Heres how I rate them!

Denon/Marantz

Yamaha

Sony

Onkyo

Pioneer

But to me, Onkyo, and Pioneer doesnt exist!;)

Theres many brands out there just depends on the features, and your budget as to which applies tp you!

Other brands...

Anthem, Nad, Cambridge Audio, Emotiva, etc...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was that pre/pro wise or amp wise?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Heres how I rate them!

Denon/Marantz

Yamaha

Sony

Onkyo

Pioneer
+1

By the way what happened with Onkyo and Audyssey? I see comments about them not having it anymore but my nr808 did. I don't see it on any of the new receivers. Maybe I am way behind I don't know

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Onkyo did away with Audyssey, Im not up on why. No offense, but I dont care either.:cool:

·
Registered
15,077 Posts
+1

By the way what happened with Onkyo and Audyssey? I see comments about them not having it anymore but my nr808 did. I don't see it on any of the new receivers. Maybe I am way behind I don't know
It was a business decision for their 2014 models so they could make Atmos available at a lower price point than the other Atmos licensees could.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Quite honestly, nobody really knows and it's a lot of conjecture. Most people fall in love with brands based on what room correction software they use. Does that make them sound better? Not necessarily. They're largely all the same. Go listen to some if you can though without bliind testing, it's really hard to come to any conclusion and even that would vary by model and year.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Pioneer
Yamaha
Denon
Onkyo
Sony

And I agree with Zgeneral above. As to my list above, these are my choices relative to brand. Which one would I buy? Yamaha simply because Pioneer is now a part of Onkyo. Why is that? The best reliability reputation In the industry made by the only one of these companies that makes a profit from the manufacture of AV receivers. Which Yamaha would I choose? Whichever is the least expensive that features an aluminum face plate. How's that for going against the grain?

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Quite honestly, nobody really knows and it's a lot of conjecture.
really hard to come to any conclusion and even that would vary by model and year.

spot on...:)

also he OP didn't really give a full description..IMO..of what his selection criteria was

didn't speak about ratios to movies and music listening
reliability etc

I have my opinions based on my personal ownership of all of them...except Sony

But...as has been pointed out it is just an opinion

Warren

1 - 10 of 10 Posts