AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Use a stretch mode (I use natrual wide on my Pio 520HD). Switch between the games you play, avoid days and days of the same game.

It's worked so far for me. I no longer use the 4:3 squeeze mode because even thought I used it a tiny bit there is a shade of burn-in on the sides from it but so far no burn in from the xbox.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I kinda wanna get the panasonic 40 or 45 inch LCD Projection TV. I looked at one and the picture quality was pretty good.

BTW, which is more suseptable (sp?) to burn-in? Plasma? Or CRT RPTVs? Plasma would also be nice, but, I don't want anything that's gonna burn-in easily.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quote:
BTW, which is more suseptable (sp?) to burn-in? Plasma? Or CRT RPTVs? Plasma would also be nice, but, I don't want anything that's gonna burn-in easily.
Plasma is more suseptable.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've seen burn in on a plasma before. Hopefully, the price of DLPs will go down. LCD Rear Projections have a pretty good price. 3 grand for a 40 inch widescreen Panasonic. It does 480p, 720p, and 1080i. The native resolution is 720. I got to play with one and I liked the quality it had. Some of the reviews I've read said that the blacks kinda looked dark purple. I didn't really notice that, but, if that's the case, I can still live with that. I'll try to push for either a 40inch or a 45inch Panasonic LCD RPTV. No burn-in to worry about, and, the price is right.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Everyone here is suggesting that you buy a new TV. If you already have one, here is the most common advice given ( do a search to find more details ): Lower your contrast and brightness below 50%. Even lower will help even more. Also, don't play the same game all the time. I don't actually have a projection TV so I am just passing on the word that I have seen here several times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.