AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning to get the energy take classic 5.1 speakers i am wondering how will i connect them to my pc and still be able to get 5.1 sound. Will i need an av receiver to connect them?

·
The Village Idiot
9,625 Posts
Yes you will need an AVR. And to get full value from them you'll need the on-board sound chip or an add-on sound card that is surround sound capable.

·
Registered
291 Posts
What computer/motherboard do you have. You may not need a sound card as some on board sound has digital outputs and descrete line level outputs for each channel. If you use a digital output you will need an avr for the decoding, if yours has line level you could just get an amp and let the computer decode. Right now I am using an onboard optical output to my avr

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What computer/motherboard do you have. You may not need a sound card as some on board sound has digital outputs and descrete line level outputs for each channel. If you use a digital output you will need an avr for the decoding, if yours has line level you could just get an amp and let the computer decode. Right now I am using an onboard optical output to my avr
my motherboard is an asus hero vii and can you recommend a av receiver for me

·
The Village Idiot
9,625 Posts
Your motherboard has optical out and supports 7.1 audio so any modern AVR will have the necessary inputs.

Budget?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts