AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Spare no expense and give me your idea of what would be your dream build. 

This is your room size 20 x 15 with a 10ft ceiling. there is no closet for equipment and no windows in the room.  do not worry about doors.

Build your own room within these guidelines 

·
Registered
10,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriscoPete  /t/1520428/how-would-you-build-your-dream-home-theater-build-it-here#post_24425457

Spare no expense and give me your idea
False wall 2' from the front for an AT screen with the equipment below in cabinetry with pull-out racks as needed. LCR speakers behind a 2.35:1 scope screen, around 136" with automated, AT masking for CIH.

First row at 12' from front wall (10' from AT screen), 12-18" riser with second row at 18.5' from front wall. Probably 3 recliners across in front row and perhaps 4 in the rear. 7.2 surround channels in columns around seating area. Door in on side wall in the back with step down outside the room. Projector around 18' from front wall, anamorphic lens on sled for CIH.

Supermodels to guide guests to seats and deliver popcorn and adult beverages. Keys to exotic sports cars on each seat provided as party favors to guests.

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
I'd just scale down Art Sonneborn's room to a 2 row, three seat wide version. Maybe splay the side walls a little.

The entry at the back of the room, the Seaton Catalysts and the four way masking on an AT screen were all design features I would

have. The av rack/closet would be outside the theater. Lutron lighting controller and zoned lighting another must have.

www.artsonneborn.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts