AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else hear Howard Stern's radio show Thursday morning during Robin's News? He mentioned hearing about the 3 networks' possible lawsuit against ReplayTV for the show sending feature (and that he was interested because that would be a nice feature). He has TiVo. I think this is great advertising... and it's free.

Anyone else hear it in Robin's news?

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
The biggest hole in my life is missing Howard now that he's not on in Denver anymore :(

He used to mention Tivo often, I'm glad to hear he's heard of Replay!

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Yeah, I heard that Denver's urban renewal programs were working wonders :D :D :D

·
Registered
351 Posts
I love howard also, but I don't get to hear much of his radio show due to the fact that i do not get up extra early, and the only time i get to listen is on the drive to school/work. I missed that story.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
A confirmed Stern-a-holic, I am now going cold turkey. I turned on the radio Thursday to find that it had changed formats to a Mexican station!

So Randy and you other Denver-ites, we in Phoenix now feel your pain. Does anyone know if you can get Howard on XM satellite radio? At least that is available in my area, but the price would test my wack pack loyalty. I've even seriously considered PVR-ing it to avoid the 12 minute commercial blocks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
For those going through Stern withdrawal, and if you have access to a news server, you can download current shows from...

alt.binaries.howard-stern

·
Registered
502 Posts
Didn't know that. Everytime I'm changing channels on the tube and run across Howard, he's always talking about sex, or anatomies.

·
Registered
729 Posts
He is funny sometimes, other times totally boring. Besides, he only talks about what other people think about, regarding sex.

·
Registered
62 Posts
They do tend to put the most raunchy and controversial segments of his show on TV. If you listened all morning, there's really not that much sex talk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.