AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My room is fairly small (23 m²) and I'm building an HT for my new place, my room is not a square so I'm screwed on that as well.

Nowadays I have a crappy Sony STR-KS380 so anything will be a HUGE improvement (yeah I know...).

I'm thinking something like this (all prices amazon):

Yamaha RX-V375, $200

Bookshelfs: Infinity Primus P163 $105

Center: Infinity Primus PC351 $275

Sub: Infinity PS38 $299

Left and right surrounds: Polk RC80i Ceiling Speakers $139

I'm thinking bookshelfs because I can just place them on the furniture (on pics) below the TV. I'll design the furniture so it fits the center speakers obviously. The sub I'm thinking on leaving it at the left side where there's some room.

As for the left and right surrounds, I think there's no choice but ceiling speakers, since the TV is not really centered on the sofa and stuff.

Can I do better?

I was also thinking on, since I'm not sure if the Infinity ones are that much better:

Bookshelfs: Pioneer SP-BS22-LR $126

Center: Pioneer SP-C22 $97

Sub:pioneer SW-8MK2 $156

Thanks for the help, pics attached!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkz0r  /t/1520197/hows-this-1k-setup-does-my-room-layout-makes-sense#post_24419017

Hey guys,

My room is fairly small (23 m²) and I'm building an HT for my new place, my room is not a square so I'm screwed on that as well.

Nowadays I have a crappy Sony STR-KS380 so anything will be a HUGE improvement (yeah I know...).

I'm thinking something like this (all prices amazon):

Yamaha RX-V375, $200

Bookshelfs: Infinity Primus P163 $105

Center: Infinity Primus PC351 $275

Sub: Infinity PS38 $299

Left and right surrounds: Polk RC80i Ceiling Speakers $139

I'm thinking bookshelfs because I can just place them on the furniture (on pics) below the TV. I'll design the furniture so it fits the center speakers obviously. The sub I'm thinking on leaving it at the left side where there's some room.

As for the left and right surrounds, I think there's no choice but ceiling speakers, since the TV is not really centered on the sofa and stuff.

Can I do better?

I was also thinking on, since I'm not sure if the Infinity ones are that much better:

Bookshelfs: Pioneer SP-BS22-LR $126

Center: Pioneer SP-C22 $97

Sub:pioneer SW-8MK2 $156

Thanks for the help, pics attached!

The Infinity P163 and PC351 are good speakers.

I would look at a different sub. An NXG or BIC F12 would be better choices.

It is hard for me to tell but I would think you could put surrounds on stands or wall mounts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner6  /t/1520197/hows-this-1k-setup-does-my-room-layout-makes-sense#post_24419324

The Infinity P163 and PC351 are good speakers.

I would look at a different sub. An NXG or BIC F12 would be better choices.

It is hard for me to tell but I would think you could put surrounds on stands or wall mounts.

Thanks for the tips!

I could wall mount them, just above and behind the sofa. Would that be a better idea than ceiling?

I thought of doing ceiling because the wiring is easier to manage and send to the receiver, stands would also be possible by drilling the wall and getting 2 small surrounds as well but that would be also complicated to get the wires to the receiver. How is that normally done? Wires buried in the floor?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts