AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just got an Xbox 360. My monitor is an HP 2709m x 1920x1080 native resolution. I'm a PC gamer, so I usually play at native resolution. After switching to the 360, I've noticed games are rendered at lower resolutions and upscaled to 1080p. I was reading a VGA cable might produce better results with less jaggies, compared to the HDMI I am currently using. Any input on that?

I've used this monitor via HDMI for my PC and it works flawlessly.

When a 360 game is rendered at a full 1080p, the graphics look fantastic. Other games, however, show low resolution / high jaggies. I've already adjusted the display on the 360 to their correct settings. Streaming movies @ 1080p look 100% perfect.

I am not against black lines, if it means running something the way its meant to be seen. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or is this the life of a console gamer with a 1080p monitor?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'd also like to add, my Samsung PN58B550 plasma upscales the image perfectly via the same HDMI connector. This leads me to believe my monitor doesn't play nice with the upscale. Do plasma's look better than LCDs at non-native resolutions? Or is it the plasma is simply better at upscaling since it's a high end tv?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.