AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up one of these and the IR receiver off of ebay for cheap and I cannot seem to find the drivers for the IR receiver?

Is my google-fu correct in that there are no drivers for this or am I just not seeing it?

FYI this is for Windows 7

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xbmc

Windows Device Manager has a driver issue with something called BB+Dongle(e.d)

·
Registered
15,381 Posts
Can you post a link to the item? Could be a knock-off that doesn't use generic HID or eHome drivers.

I've also seen where it may work in a USB 2.0 slot and not 3.0. Should theoretically work in either, but some of the knock-offs don't.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Do you see two entries for USB HID keyboard and USB HID mouse and one set goes away when you unplug it and comes back when you plug it in?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope the only thing that adds and goes away with unplugging is the BB+Dongle(e.d) item under other devices

·
Registered
964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS  /t/1521361/hp-media-center-remote-drivers#post_24450022

Nope the only thing that adds and goes away with unplugging is the BB+Dongle(e.d) item under other devices

Did you check HP's site ? They might have a special driver for it.

Also, I would take the USB adapter and plug it into another computer to see if it's found. It could be something with your Windows Driver store that could be damaged that could cause that. If it's found and driver is installed on another computer, then it will be something on your local machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts