AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am way over my head with this stuff. I purchased a Sony Handicam SR-11, a brand new HP Pavillion with unbelievable speed and graphics card - also equipped with a LG internal BLU-RAY burner with the hopes of making home videos in BLU-RAY. Yes, it seems over the top, but I have gotten to the point to where I cant even watch a video unless it is BLU-RAY.

When I hook up my camera via HDMI to my Mits. 1080p set and play the video, the quality is STUNNING, however, when I import the files to the computer from the camera and use Sony's PMB, or even LG's Power DVD software, and play the imported video on my Mit. TV (also via HDMI), the playback is pretty bad quality - its at least definitely not 1080 HD quality.

And, yes this new HP Pavillion has an HDMI output to the T.V., which is a new one on me. But I dont understand why the playback quality of this software is so bad. The files are .m2ts files and should have HD quality, and the computer has a BD player (along with the accessorized BD burner), so surely the computer can playback imported video in HD quality.

Hopefully this is all moot anyhow as when I burn a BLU-ray, it will be in 1080 HD quality anyways - I hope - as soon as I can figure out how to get the videos to the LG software to actually burn the BLU-RAY.

This may be more of a computer question than a camcorder, T.V. or .m2ts question, so I guess I will post the question to a computer forum too in hopes somebody gets this stuff. The question again, simply put, is why is my new HP computer not playing back .m2ts HD files in HD to my Mit. 1080p TV set? And to what extent will this phenomenon affect burning a BLU-RAY DVD using the internal LG BD burner?

I suck at technology!

· Registered
1,823 Posts
Most likely what is happening is that the files are being down-rezzed when imported into your computer - pretty common occurence actually depending on what software is being used. Can't point you anywhere except perhaps to google your camera model and "import" or something like that to hit some other forums-

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockytt /forum/post/15411423

Most likely what is happening is that the files are being down-rezzed when imported into your computer - pretty common occurence actually depending on what software is being used. Can't point you anywhere except perhaps to google your camera model and "import" or something like that to hit some other forums-

Thank you for your reply. This would seem very illogical for Sony (Handicam SR-11), HP (Pavillion), and LG (internal blu-ray burner) to not exact a way for HD content to be transfered from HD camcorder to HD computer and then to blu-ray disc (via LG internal blu-ray burner). Surely there should and could be a way to transfer HD files among devices without losing resolution quality in order to burn blu-ray discs. What's the use of these devices (especially the LG internal blu-ray burner) if HD content cannot be transferred from one device to another?

I may be returning this stuff unless I can figure out how to capture HD content on a blu-ray disc from my camcorder.

And unfortunately, I dont have a blu-ray disc to experiment with either. I will purchase one tomorrow to actually burn some content and watch it to observe its quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.