AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, does anyone own one of these PC's yet? I have been thinking about purchasing one as the heart of my home theater, but I am still on the fence.

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
I guess if you don't have a significant other, either one would be fine as long as you don't mind using a PC as a home-theater component. I work repairing PCs all day so for me it's out of the question, I just want to insert a disc, and sit down.

·
Banned
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurotrance /forum/post/13004535

I guess if you don't have a significant other, either one would be fine as long as you don't mind using a PC as a home-theater component. I work repairing PCs all day so for me it's out of the question, I just want to insert a disc, and sit down.

Isn't that why both of those PC's come with a remote control?

·
Banned
1,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunction26 /forum/post/13005915

Isn't that why both of those PC's come with a remote control?

A PC is great if you enjoy tinkering with it, but as far as convenience, not my cup of tea. If that works for you, then great.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
 http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post12993415

Having also owned a Sam 5k for ten days, or so, before returning it, and now having owned the s3330f Slimline for almost two weeks, I think the PC is as simple to operate as the Sam.

You let the PC boot, stick in the disk, and it then autoplays (if that's what you want). The mediacenter remote works perfectly right out of the box, and, because there's great flexibility in placement of its USB-corded IR receiver, I can point it practically anywhere and it still controls the PC (and all normal disk menus) perfectly.

After first boot-up and Vista is initally installed from the hard drive, all you have to do is set up output type and resolution and audio. IMO, it is then as simple as the Sam to use and has all the additional abilities of a PC (you know the ones I mean), if you so desire.

Even if both formats of HD disks somehow go out of favor, you still have a very nice, fully-functional PC at your command.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts