AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did some searching and havnt found too much information about this regarding the w2408h so I figured I would start a post regarding the bleeding issue. Now before people start flaming, I KNOW that all TN panel monitors bleed to some degree, but I think this is excessive. Should I return this and try to get a new one? I have no point of reference, because the one in the store always has some pretty picture on it which is brightly lit and takes up the entire screen.

so what do you think?

·
Banned
1,244 Posts
Exchange it. The only bleeding I see on my monitor is in the middle and is hardly noticeable and is unnoticeable during the day or with the light on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I finally exchanged the monitor for a new unit. Upon opening it, there was no bleeding (see pic 1)

After one day I started to notice a little bleeding.

And after 2 more days It got worse.

Okay, its not as bad as the first monitor, but combine this with the horrible.... I repeat... HORRIBLE!!! viewing angle, and Im gonna have to say this monitor isnt worth 500 after tax.

I just want a 24 inch monitor that doesnt have these problems! does such a thing exist for 500 bux?

·
Banned
1,244 Posts
I have no idea. I don't see my specific model on the MAG website (I have 2200W) I guess they replaced it with a newer model (2219W)

BTW, it's MAG Innovision. Sorry I misspelled it xD

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oo gotcha, well I settled on a 20 inch apple cinema display for the time being as something to hold me over. I gotta say, I am super impressed with this display. I see what the big deal is about ips. The viewing angles are phenomenal, and the 16ms is a total non-issue for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the HP w2408h as well and have noticed some bleeding via the edges, although not near as bad as you're experiencing.

One question. How BRIGHT are you running your display? What is your contrast level?

Did you adjust these from the first day photo to the later images of your bleeding?

The 2408 has an uber bright display and I find that it's all too easy to leave this unnaturally bright, this perhaps affecting your results. That being said, I also wish there was slightly less bleed but this monitor can display some of the most vivid colors I've seen. I, for one, prefer the glossy screens for this as the matte screens dont seem quite so clear, and see-thru as the best glossy options.

kh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts