AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... After Long Searching, Endless Hours on the Net Inc. This Forum...

I have finally Decided To Go With The Abit Expensive for me But Looks Amazing HP XB31 DLP Projector!!!

I am going with this PJ for a couple of reasons... One is the AMAZING Specs this projector Has Such as 1800:1 and 1500 ANSI!!!!!! I still can hardly belive its true for this price (thats why im abit afraid)... One more reason was the GREAT Reviews I saw on the web and In this forum from some members...

SO NOW! before i Really give my money away, i want to ask one last time!

Am i doing the right thing? Buying this PJ for my Home Cinema, Digital Cable Viewing And Console, PC Gameplay????? Is this really a good Projector for this kind of stuff????

Well thanks for all your help!!! you made this PJ Hunt Alot harder for me.. By giving me so much GOOD Advice! :D You really helped me! Thanks To all the members and The AV FORUM GUYS!!!!!!!!

:D !LaTeR! :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Excellent!! Good luck with it and write a review ASAP. Definately some good specs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy-Shadow
... One is the AMAZING Specs this projector Has Such as 1800:1 and 1500 ANSI!!!!!! I still can hardly belive its true for this price (thats why im abit afraid)... One more reason was the GREAT Reviews I saw on the web and In this forum from some members...
Crazy-Shadow,

Conventional wisdom goes against buying something unseen, unless there's an overwhelming numbers of people have come up with good reviews after certain time of use (3-6 months at least). A demo, if possible, worths so much than hundreds of reviews.

Just look at it this way: in case this doesn't work, you can still make use of the PJ as a presentation tool.

A while back before this XB31 hit the market, there were some discussions on Optoma H55. However, all of the sudden it turns quiet... dunno why.

Good luck and please post your results.

:)

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Since noone's mentioned it yet, even if you can't demo the XB31 locally, do try to demo SOME brand of DLP projector locally to see if you might suffer from DLP headache.

We have a local dealer with the Sharp 9000 setup in a dedicated theater room. I can NEVER watch for longer than a minute or two before getting the evil headache.

So try to spend some with a DLP to make sure you're in the supposed majority that isn't affected by DLP headache.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.