Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

has somebody alrezady see the HP XB31 (because in france we dont have yet this PJ in the store) ? The annonced perf. seems to be terrific on the paper (very Shcontreast 1:1800 and brightness 1500 ansi) but how is it trully ?...Could you tell me wich is the best DLP in that class of engine :

infocus 110

Optoma H55

or HP xb31

or YAmaha (quiet the same price in Japan)

Thanks for the response

Yves from Paris

·
Registered
502 Posts
XB31 we have to wait; I will see this unit first at INFOCOMM;

to give you a range- personally-

1. H55

2. Yamaha

3. LS110

hb

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is my observation as I just recently attended the New York Home entertainment show last friday. Studio experience had the rebadged optoma h55, Sanyo plv60ht and the Infocus LS110 on demo side by side. My favorite would have to be the Sanyo for having a comparable contrast to that of optoma h55 plus having a much more saturated color being an LCD pj.

IMHO This would be my choice.

1 The best of 3 Sanyo PLV60ht

2 Optoma H55

3 Infocus LS110

Happy PJ hunting

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think someone on the forum was going to test and review the XB31. I am anxiously awaiting the results. I want to buy the Panny LC75U, that would probably meet my needs. However, my room has no light control, (I won't watch movies often during day time anyway), and the 1:1800 contrast ration and 1500 lumens of the HP unit are tempting. I want to make up my mind in the next couple of days, and any advice would help. I am willing to shell out the extra money if it's worth it. please help

·
Banned
770 Posts
Boxlight doesn't re-label Optoma. I'd be interested to know what model number you saw Hgo? I would think the Infocus would be upset if boxlight did start doing DLP with someone else. That and you said the Sanyo had better contrast which isn't the case by a long shot. I'm wondering if it was a 4:3 infocus re-label that you saw with a 400:1 contrast. It would explaion a lot. I've had the Sanyo and H55 side by side and it isn't even close. The Sanyo does good with contrast for an LCD though.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was guessing it was the optoma h55 because of the specified contrast of 1000:1 on display. It is a guess, it had the shape and size of optoma h55. Could be one of the ez pro ?

·
Banned
770 Posts
not that I'm aware of. I ask only because they've never ought Optoma before and that you said the Sanyo had a better contrast ratio. The H55 is every bit of 1000:1 and the Sany ois every bit of 500:1. Odd. Might it have been the Sanyo PLV-70HT?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Careful check with the optoma website revealed that all ez pro have a specified 600:1 contrast. So I could be right after all? AJ you are the industry expert not me. Perhaps you can shed light on the confusion. The specified contrast ratio on the displayed rebadged sanyo was 700:1. If it is the plv-70ht all the better since consumers can have a lot more choices.

I am only reporting what I saw and expressing my own judgement which can be wildly wrong, so take anything I post with a grain of salt.

·
Banned
770 Posts
no no I'm not saying you are wrong, more of a clarification. I checked with Boxlight's website and it's not on there. It would be news for me if they did rebadge it. Anybody know if this is the care? Oh and interesting that they had 700:1 for the Sanyo when Sanyo downgraded their specs to 500:1 some months ago. Certainly was not meant to be an attack hgo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
With the HP contrast so high at 1500:1, I'm curious how it would compare. However, HP doesn't do 16:9 native, so would the infocus screenplay be better?

I'm looking into these two projectors... I don't know which one to go with, and HP doesn't have places for demos....

Arggh.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anyone care to elaborate on the H55/LS110 choice? I am interested in either one of those model too and I keep changing my mind :( 16:9 , 4:3 or higher resolution. I would be watching primarily DVD, analog and xbox in that order. No HD.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Boxlite told me at the HT show that their unit was a rebadged Optima that was half way between an H55 and the new H56 that was being introduced at Infocom next week.

Chucka

·
Registered
502 Posts
@ hgo

you are right with the contrast-ratio at Optoma EzPro 7xx models, but with the H55 there is written at optoma.com 1000:1; just a mistake, which will happen to everybody; I also made mistakes, and the H55 and the EzPro 7xx models will have the same shape, but different colors.

To the mentioned contrast-ratio of the Sanyo, for the VT60 any has reduced their specs; either it will be the VT70 (I hear at the first time ) or there have been a mistake in writing using the old specs

But your impressions of the picture quality will also be true. So often, when I visited an exhibition of pj (or been a exhibitor) I have seen pictures of pj´s I can´t believe at the first moment. Such bad quality; this could not be the pj; when I asked, then, I see, not tweaked very well, lousy signal, bad light, bad connection a.s.o. Also what there sometimes will be told, amazing stories !!!!;

Therefore don´t worry, when people like AL will ask a little bit more. They know really why.

@ Chucka

let us check this info at INFOCOMM; I agree with AJ, I can´t believe; Just as story for smiling; at the CeBIT in Hannover a compaq guy, presenting the new 4800 model, told me very honestly, this will be a LCD unit, no DLP

@ GloP

my personal opinion will be H55, but if possible, please have a look at both units.

@ toyz

please have a look at this thread

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=135605

hb

·
Premium Member
24,820 Posts
Chucka,

"...the new H56 that was being introduced at Infocom next week."

Are you sure about that? IIRC, TzungILin of Optoma said the H56 wouldn't be out til the end of the year.

Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Is this a love fest or what? Everyone is so civil. Gone are the confrontations of a few months ago. Thank you for treating as newbies with kid gloves. I wish I could go to infocomm.

Cheers

·
Registered
502 Posts
@ noah katz

I think, we will see just a sample of the H56. IMO this unit will be ready for the 4Q of this year

@ bbeakes

thanks for that info; wow, than Coretronic makes a very good job

And we will see at INFOCOMM

@ hgo

and you will get impressions of INFOCOAMM from serveral people of the forum

hb

hb

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.