Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcooker
Specs look great. But can they design a better looking TV?
Exactly my thought. I like the 2 HDMI/2 Component though...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
The 1080p 52" DLP has some new LED technology that does not use a color wheel and is instant on/off. With the success of the 58" and 65" 1080p's last year that give plasmas a PQ run for the money, I would really like to see how the new 52" set pans out.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Well, it looks like my decision to wait on the second plasma is going to pay off. If this info is correct the HD plasmas will now hold thier own against the ED sets (brightnesss and contrast).

I wonder if these plasmas use the Panny glass? The model numbers sure do make you wonder. This year is going to be a good year to buy a plasma... especially with new technology around the corner.

Saaaaaweeeet, saweet indeed...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspirate
...I wonder if these plasmas use the Panny glass? The model numbers sure do make you wonder. This year is going to be a good year to buy a plasma... especially with new technology around the corner.

Saaaaaweeeet, saweet indeed...
This is what I was wondering, because more than likely this is a peek at what the 9th gen Panny's will be spec wise.

·
Registered
934 Posts
The new hp Plasmas are no longer based on the Panny. Take a look at the levels of gradation and number of colors in the new HP.

....................Level of Gradation..............Colors

PL4260N..............1024...........................1B

PL4200N..............2048...........................8.5B

42PX50................2048...........................8.5B

42PX60................3076...........................29B

The new HP Plasma models will definitely be a step backwards in IQ.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
The new hp Plasmas are no longer based on the Panny. Take a look at the levels of gradation and number of colors in the new HP.

....................Level of Gradation..............Colors

PL4260N..............1024...........................1B

PL4200N..............2048...........................8.5B

42PX50................2048...........................8.5B

42PX60................3076...........................29B

The new HP Plasma models will definitely be a step backwards in IQ.
Dunno... All data I have still points to Panasonic. I think they just goofed on the spec sheet (would not be the first time). I guess well have to wait until they are released to confirm.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
What really impresses me on the 3760n is the digital media content. If this does what is says, which will allow me to get to a video server with my HD material from the room with just the TV, I may just buy one.

Dave

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I just came from a show that showcased the new stuff from HP. The 37" is impressive in its software content. It will hook to any PC and make that content (jpg, mp3, mpg, etc) playable with an interesting on-screen menu. I have a good friend who works there and he gave me the grand tour.

On your specs for contrast ratio....the panel is a Sharp and the unit is made side by side with Sharp in Mexico. I believe that 6000:1 is a dynamic contrast ratio which would probably translate to 1200:1 which is the new spec for 2006 models.

I think their styling is right on with the black cabinets.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.