AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to add a rooftop HD antenna to my system today and screwed something up!

I have 1 SD Directtv Tivo unit, a Zenith HD520 box and a HR10-250.

All were working properly until I started screwing around.

I have an oval 3 lnb dish with the old 4x4 multiswitch mounted to the back of the dish. From there the wires drop into the basement where I installed a Terk 5x8 multiswitch. The five wires drop from the rooftop multiswitch and the HD antenna and feed into the Terk unit, then feed upstairs to my equipment.

Then the fun starts!

The HD520 feeds from a diplexor and both the sat and off air pq is great....

The HR10-250 will not recognize Sat 2, only Sat 1 and I don't get all my off air channels (machine has scanned for them).

Can someone tell where I am messing up.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
You didn't say how the HR10-250 is wired. If diplexers are involved, they are often a problem. You might want to eliminate the 4x4. Just make sure the cable to the 13V Sat A terminal on the 4x4 is extended to the 13V Sat A terminal on the 5x8 and so on. Try switching the two Sat cables on the receiver to see if the problem goes with the switching.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pat,

The HR10-250 wouldn't recognize Sat 2 with or without the diplexer.

Its currently hooked up with a diplexer.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Okay. Try switching inputs to see if the problem moves to Sat 1. If so, it's a cable, connector, or multiswitch problem. If not, it's a receiver problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.