AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a situation for which I wonder if anyone has figured out a simple solution.

In my area (Tucson) I can get the local TV stations from both DirecTV and OTA ATSC. For example, our local channel 4 via DirecTV shows up as "4" in the program listing and the OTA digital version shows up as "4-1". Other local stations show a similar pairing.

Within the HR20's "Favorite" channel listing I have eliminated the DirecTV versions of the local channels since the OTA digital channels are HD capable whereas DirecTV is not yet providing HD local channels in our area.

Now when I use the number pad on the HR20 remote to select channel 4 I get the DirecTV channel even though I've eliminated it from my channel listings. To actually get the OTA digital channel I have to do a channel up selection on the remote - a nag.

I also have a Pronto programmable remote and I've solved the preceding problem by just adding the "channel up" command to the series of commands sent when I select the local channel 5 button on the Pronto.

I'm just wondering if there's a way to not have to do the two operations to get to the digital version of the channel when operating manually?

Carroll Lam

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
You won't be able to do that until the "Channels I get" list is actually that instead of an all channels list.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Every HD D*TV receiver made does the same thing, AFAIK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.