AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife turned on the TV this morning. DVR was hung. She hit the red button.

It goes thru the start cycle, checking 1 and 2 then reboots and starts all over again. Tried to unplug, red button reset, even plugged direct into wall socket, no avail. DTV Tech says I have to try and reformat the drive. I am

loathe to do this, we have alot of shows we haven't watched. I have done

several searches and have come up dry. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. I gotta crash, so I won't respond until tomorrow.

TIA,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
If you can't get past the checking the satellite stage, you can't reformat the drive by doing a full reset. You can go into the system utilities and when the receiver says it is running a self check, press "select," and there will be some options for checking the hard drive, etc. My understanding is that checking the drive this way does not involve losing all your recordings. It also can take a long time. People have reported it taking 12 hours.

OTOH, what you're describing sounds like your HR22 is dead, and it will just be easier and quicker to convince a CSR to send you a new one. Obviously, you've lost your recordings if that's the case.

SMK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts