AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my HS-10, this is my projector. Everything went great. I set it up temparory on a high leather chair and hooked it up with my DVD player using PJmuli cable. The picture looks super! I can't be any happier. :) However, about 10 mnutes into "toy story 2", it shut itself down! I then turn it on again after the fan stopped. It powered off again in about 3 minutes. The chair surface feeled warm but no hot at all. I don't know that is causing this. I then let it sit a while, put some paper box between the projector and the chair and turn it on again. This time it lasted a little bit longer than 10 minutes and shut down again.

Has anyone experienced this before? What is the possilbe cause to this?

I have it in the basement with Tempature around 70F. It should not be too hot for it, right?

I will try again tomorrow. Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
245 Posts
madawu - have you tried turning off the "power saving" feature in the menus? It's on the "Set Settings" page. Hope this helps - that sounds like a very annoying problem.

Dave

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just gave it another try. This time I pull out the supporting bracket. It left some space uderneath the projector. It WORKS! I finally finish my movie. This is GREAT!

The problem seems to be heat exhausion. It is rather sensitive to this. I hope the problem goes away after I mount it on ceiling.

BTW, when you mount it to ceiling, the project is actually upside down, hence the picture will be upside down too, right? How do we cope with this problem?

Also, Could anyone recommend a reasonable priced ceiling mount?

Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by madawu

The problem seems to be heat exhausion. It is rather sensitive to this.
the intake vents are on the bottom... did u read ur manual...? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
522 Posts
madawu-

There is an image flip option in the menu that allows you to turn the image upside down for ceiling mounting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, I am way too excited to follow the manual.. :)

Thanks Eric.

any suggestion on ceiling mounts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.