AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the HS10 but can't tell if the multi connector and the separate individual inputs can be used at the same time. I have two DVD palyers and want to switch between them. Anybody doing this?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sure can - the standard inputs are 1xComposite (RCA), 1xS-Video & 1xComponent (3 RCA), the PJ Multi cable has 1xComposite (RCA), 1xS-Video & 1xComponent (3 RCA)

So in total you can run 2xComposite, 2xS-Video and 2xComponent together with a DVI-D - just need to switch between what you want to display.

I have everything connected - Standard Component for HDTV, Standard Composite for VCR, PJ Component for DVD and PJ Composite for Amp OSD

·
Registered
334 Posts
Here's a view of the mounted pj so you can see all the connections -

·
Registered
334 Posts
And another View -

·
Registered
334 Posts
No- the order of cables going from left to right is as follows:

Top line - PJ Multi (in the middle) it is the Sony special connector that splits out at the other end into Component (RGB) / S-Video / Composite

Bottom Line - DVI-D / Component (RGB) / Composite (Yellow) / S-Video / Power

·
Registered
364 Posts
You said "component (RGB)". By the looks of things these are YPbPr, not true RGBHV (VGA) connections. Is there any VGA or RGBHV type connection I could use to hook up a PC? If not, is there an optional cable I can buy to get that kind of connection?

·
Registered
334 Posts
You are correct, Component is YPbPr - I just didn't want to confuse you as to the cables, the ones coloured RGB are the Component connectors.

Yes you can get a PJ Multi cable that does RGB via VGA connector on one end and a Sony special connector on the other - BUT - there is only 1 PJ Multi connector on the unit so if you connect that up for VGA then you'll need to use the Standard Composite/Component/S-Video connectors for other things.

I would suggest that you go DVI-D, as that is what most people using the unit for PC output are doing, way better video quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.