AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get the Mit's Model HS-HD2000U DVHS but it says on the Mit’s web site that it can only receive the HDTV through 1394 inputs and I assume it only displays recorded HDTV through 1394 output.

My Cable box only outputs HDTV via component and my HDTV receives HDTV via component. So my question is; is there a cable or converter that can change 1394 to component and visa versa making the Model HS-HD2000U usable for my system?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Socio
My Cable box only outputs HDTV via component and my HDTV receives HDTV via component. So my question is; is there a cable or converter that can change 1394 to component and visa versa making the Model HS-HD2000U usable for my system?
No.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Your best bet would be the JVC D-VHS since it has component output. However you cannot record from a HD component input signal with any D-VHS VCR. There are new Cable TV boxes planned for later this year that include a 1394 output that should work with the DVHS VCRs. Also a new generation of over the air and digital cable compatible STBs are planned from most current HD STB manufacturers late this year or early next year. With this you will able to purchase your own HD-STB rather than renting one from your cable company.

Ron Jones

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Jones
Your best bet would be the JVC D-VHS since it has component output. However you cannot record from a HD component input signal with any D-VHS VCR. There are new Cable TV boxes planned for later this year that include a 1394 output that should work with the DVHS VCRs. Also a new generation of over the air and digital cable compatible STBs are planned from most current HD STB manufacturers late this year or early next year. With this you will able to purchase your own HD-STB rather than renting one from your cable company.

Ron Jones
Thank for the info, I guess I have to wait for a while, but looks like it will be worth the wait.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.