AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently connected my RCA DTC-100 HD receiver to the HS10 and noticed that High Def images are slightly different in size when compared to watching a progressive scan DVD. Additionally, there is a one inch black or gray border around the entire image.

Are there any solutions for this picture size \\ black border?

Thanks...

·
Registered
245 Posts
If you are seeing a 720p image in native resolution, you would expect to see a black border around the image. For 1080i, however, you should not see any border and the projector/scalar should try and use all of the available pixels (i.e. 1366x768).

Perhaps there is a setting on the STB to tell the resolution of the projector?

Dave

·
Registered
860 Posts
Also check the info in the HS10 menu and see what mode the pj is using with you stb. My cable box puts out 1080i and the pj shows it connected as mode 5 1080i/60. There are no black borders for HDTV material--the entire 1366*768 is used.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I have the same problem with my Panny 300 and my Scientific Atlanta HD cable box. Others have reported this as well with different pjs and HD boxes (cable and satellite). I don't know what causes it, I just figured it was the cheap cable box. The cable box locks out any picture aspect controls on my pj.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.