AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody with an HS10 had any success using the SIR-TS160 Samsung HDTV/DirecTV receiver?

I just purchased one, and for some reason, I can't get an acceptable picture.

I switched the output to 1080i and 720p using both the component and DVI-D connection, and can't get the picture to FILL the screen without cutting off any of the picture???

What should the Digital input be set to??? RGB or Computer when using DVI??? Should I try using Component or DVI-D. They are both HDCP compatible.

On the Projector Central review, they said the HS10 with the Samsung TS160 set to 1080i looked beautiful and the HS10 scaled it very well.

I think the TS160 is not outputting the correct image for the HS10, but the menu options are very limited.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
The digital input on the HS10 should be set to Video GBR. The HS10 has a overscan of about 5% when set this way. I'm guessing that's the cut off you mention.

If you are upset now try setting the Samsung to output 480p. At this resolution there really is an incompatibility.

-Dylan

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jammarjim
Yes, Video GBR setting from DVI should work ok.

jammarjim
Should I use 1080i or 720p??? I figured since ABC is the only station running 720p, I would just leave the STB at 1080i.

With DVI, I shouldn't have to worry about the Wide Mode, correct????

I don't think I can select Wide or Full Through with DVI???

Also, I have the Samsung set to 16:9 Television with the Side bars???

This is about all I can adjust.

Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE

I got it working last night using DVI. I actually had it working before, but the cutoff was due to my local HD broadcaster was zooming in on 4:3 content to make an HD 16:9 signal.

When I finally got some HD stuff from PBS, it was perfect. Absolutely gorgeous. The future of TV is beautiful.

I did see that non-compatibility issue with 480p. Random noise over on the right hand side. I had heard about that before, but I just leave it at 1080i.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.