AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read all of the posts with Dave and see his settings of 85 contrast, 53 brightness, 55 color, 50 hue & 0 sharpness. Well before I read this information, I tried to calibrate my HS10 last night with the AVIA disc.

Here is what I got, and I know my brightness is really otta whack!!!

85 contrast

28 brightness

51 color

51 hue

30 sharpness

I know I must be doing something wrong!! Am I not understanding the black level adjustment properly from AVIA? Half the screen is black and the other half grey. Then there are those two bars on the black side. One lighter and one darker. I thought it said set it so that one of the bars fades into the background and the other bar is barely visible. Is that correct? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Quote:
I thought it said set it so that one of the bars fades into the background and the other bar is barely visible. Is that correct?
You are doing it correct. As you said you adjust brightness until one of the bars disappears and the other one is still barely visible. Also the contrast setting and brightness settings interact with each other so you might go back and check contrast after doing brightness...and vise versa. If you have Avia don't worry what settings other people have because screen gain, size, what type source you use and room conditions all effect picture settings.

Mike

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean when you saw "you know your brightness is way out of whack" but I would not be worried of having a low brightness number. It will correspond to a lower G-Bias value (i.e. lower than 127).

I found that I prefered increasing the perfectly calibrated brightness value from Avia by about 3 notches (in your case to 31) to give a bit more visibility to the dark scenes.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.