Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I am considering the HS10 but I would like to know if the colors, blacks and image in general looks better in cinema black(less lumens) mode than in normal mode in a dark room with only 90 inches screen(I have seen the films without light). Could somebody help me?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Vivid is the only mode that uses the high lamp. I use vivid for bright animation movies for the extra pop, but seem to prefer everything else in one of the other low lamp modes.

·
Registered
595 Posts
the colour saturation is excellent in any mode, but blacks are marginally better in cinema black mode and the fan is much quieter

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers!

I like to see films without ambient light but I am afraid for that reason...

would the HS10 too bright for me?(room without light and only 85-90 inches screen).

see you.

·
Registered
325 Posts
There is no such thing as too bright.. :) (Ok, there is, but not with the HS-10.) 90" in a light controlled room is excellent for the HS-10. I've tried zooming down to 90", and the picture is still excellent and even more filmlike. I'm projecting on a 128" screem. and sitting at 4.5 meters, and that is right at the limit of what size/seating distance to get the best picture. If I sit any closer it's easier to see flaws in the source material.

The cinema black modus is exactly what makes the HS-10 to such an excellent projector, it's got a lot better control over how much light it should put out to get the best contrast and black level out of all the different screen sizes and likes/dislikes of the users.

Good luck with the HS-10 if you get it.

Regards,

Tore K.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I agree, picture is better with Cinema Black mode on, and the fan is indeed quieter, but still not what I would call really quiet. It's louder than the average computer fan.

I don't think it would be too bright to watch with no ambient light, depending on which screen you use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.