Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well,

i've received my hs10, and am quite pleased with it. i tweaked it using dave boswell's tweaks (i think i may like user2 or user3 better than his user1 settings). His tweaks are a night and day difference when compared to the standard and dynamic picture setting.

one thing that i have noticed and not been able to solve is a ghosting effect not caused by any cable issues (i think i've ruled of them out). just wondering if any of you guys are getting completely ghost-free images.

i'm using panny cp72 in progressive scan mode (using LOTR, shreck, and last of the mohicans as test subjects); samsung hdtv receiver for ota hdtv signals, and a hughes receiver for direct tv regular tv.

tonight i'll try hooking up the ol' computer with the dvi and see if that's any better.

i did find one thread that seemed pertinent to this issue:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ostid=2075595& highlight=ghosting+cause#post2075595

any experiences, thoughts?

anyone in the houston area that would be willing to compare their ghost-free hs10 to rule out my projector being at fault?

thanks,

jason

·
Registered
309 Posts
This probably doesn't answer any of your questions but I will add a little to the Ghosting question.

I have the Panasonic PT-L300U and I am projecting onto a 100" diag screen area.

With DVD the only "ghosting" I think i see is just due to Edge Enhancement that is enabled on the DVD. It is very minimal and I really have to squint to find it. I am sure this varies from DVD to DVD as well.

HDTV looks wonderful, no ghosting, perfectly sharp edges.

DirecTV is my big problem. I get like double and triple ghost lines to the side of computer graphics and text. I am assuming it is a product of the compression/edge enhancement but it is surprisingly bad. I would guess the ghost lines extend past the true edge about a half inch maybe up to an inch.

Don't get me wrong, over all the image is perfectly watchable, just when there are lots of computer graphics or letters on the screen you can see the ghosting. Is this a normal thing just due to bad DirecTV quality?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.