AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I connected my Panasonic VCR to my Denon 3803 reciever through composite then my reciever goes to the HS10 through component. I can view all channels most of the time but for some reason the FOX picture doesn't stay visible all the time. I first see the picture then the screen goes all black. I can still hear it though. On some channels I get a message from the HS10 "signal out of range" This appears to happen on all modes, Full, Wide, etc.

Is there some setting that I need to flip to prevent this from happening? Is it a sign my VCR isn't a good tuner and I need to use something else?

What's going on??

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sounds like you might have a weak signal coming though.

Are you receiving FOX OTA with an antenna? If so. have you checked out the signal strength?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Moving Target,

I have the same problem that you describe except it does it when I watch video tapes. The picture will come on for 3 to 4 seconds then goes blank.

Any help out there??

Jose Lozano

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have cable and just bought a signal booster. I'm still having the problem :(

Also, I've noticed when watching some movies that have flashes (like reporters taking a lot of pictures) that the screen sometimes goes blank like it can't handle the fast action or something. I'm not sure if this is related or not.

·
Registered
745 Posts
That would be kind of a hard problem to figure out unless it was very common with it happening to lots of people. I've never seen mine do that, but if it's doing with bright fashes of light, then "maybe" some part of the video circuit is being overloaded.

I assume you've tried bypassing the receiver and different cables. I would even say another vcr but since someone else said they see it, thats probably not the problem. Most displays now have a video mute built in that puts up a blank screen when it doesn't like the signal. Thats kind of hateful because a person can't see exactly what type of picture is trying to be displayed.

All that is mostly controlled by IC's , like in the AGC circuit. So many things it could be, from simple to complicated.

I got a C-band satellite hooked up and there are a lot of transponders that have nothing or encoded. That causes my HS10 to have fits at times if I change channels very much. It flashes, blanks out and such trying to lock on to a signal.

Have you tried tapping the top of the pj? Hey, electronics are really bad for bad connections! I'm not kidding... But since it's only on certain channels thats unlikely anyway.

Well, nothing else is really coming to mind and the only time I get check signal if when the PC is involved, and I know what that is.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually haven't tried bypassing the reciever. I guess I was hoping there was some setting that I needed to change.

Thanks for the ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.