AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start tweaking the grayscale using a color analyzer but I don't know how to get into the service menu. If anyone knows, I would greatly appreciate you sharing it with me. Thanks

Thomas

·
Registered
860 Posts
On remote:

'enter, enter, up, down, enter' and then 'up' to confirm....

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jamie!

I should also have asked how to get out of the service menu. Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
245 Posts
To get out, just press the same combination, or turn off the projector and restart. Just make sure you save any changes before exiting!

Dave

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

How do you save the changed calibrated settings?. Are you saying that when you change the values, getting out of the service menu and not some how saving them restores them to the pre calibrated values?

Tom

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
There is a Save option at the bottom of the service menu item where you find the High, Medium and Low settings.

·
Registered
187 Posts
There is both a 'Service' menu and a 'Factory' menu - can anyone describe the difference? I have seen it mentioned that one of them is more dangerous, in that it's easy to mess up your settings if you are not careful.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wirwin
There is both a 'Service' menu and a 'Factory' menu - can anyone describe the difference? I have seen it mentioned that one of them is more dangerous, in that it's easy to mess up your settings if you are not careful.
The service menu adds the w/b (white balance) menu to the standard user menu, so you can adjust the gains and bias of the red, blue and green panels. It also adds some more info to the information menu, like the total service time.

The factory menu adds the above as well as an additional "Device" menu which has a gazillion of settings. Most of which you'd need a PhD in nuclear physics (just kidding) to make sense of. Any rate all kidding aside, these menu options are fairly intimidating and because of this some people recommend staying away from the factory menu.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.