AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of lurking, I'm thinking of jumping in to the front projection world, and am leaning toward the HS10.

I'm trying to decide where I should put my screen - my room (gif attached) is basically rectangular 23x15 with windows on one of the 15' ends and a doorway on the other - based primarily upon what will get me the biggest bestest ginchiest 16:9 picture quality. I've used the projection calculator at projectorcentral.com to determine the max HS10 picture size that I could get at a variety of distances. What the calculator doesn't tell me, however, is what is ideal.

Given that I have a room that is 23x15, that can be very light controlled, that my goal is the biggest picture possible without sacrificing contrast/clarity/brightness/wow!, that I'm leaning toward the HS10, and that I would prefer to mount a screen on a wall vs. paying extra jack for a pulldown, tell me what to do. :)

Thanks!

-tony

p.s. I realize that this topic may belong in the Home Theater Builder forum, but since the crux of my question is the HS10, I put it here instead.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Tony,

Based on the size and shape of your room, I would recommend putting the screen on the 23' wall close to the wall with the door. 14' is about right for a 110" diagonal screen. Attached is a throw distance calculator for the HS10.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Don't know what happened to the attachment. I guess the forum software doesn't like .xls files. Here it is zipped. This is not my work, I got it from someone else here on the forum.

vplhs10hs2throw.zip 270.171875k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
20 foot room

Hs 10 is setting up side down on top shelf of a shelving unit at 6'6''.

8'6'' screen hung form ceiling with small hooks at 16' NO Zoom on lens needed. If playing 4x3 can zoom to make side bars smaller (remember the zoom goes down and wider.

Entertainment center with 50'' TV and sound equipment is behind screen.

Htpc and DVD are in the shelving unit with PJ (short div cables); sound is TV anta coax to receiver 30" looped under the house also using the Sony multi cable to the satellite receiver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.