Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just a quick question. :)

I currently set my HS10 on a book on a chair. The front is pivet about an inch upward using the HS10 front release leg. The problem I have is the LAMP LIGHT comes on after watching a movie for about 30 to 40 mins. It would go into standby and a bit later I am able to resume watching. Now, if I pivet it more...to the full extend of that leg, the light doesn't come on. It is a normal behavior or is there a PROBLEM with mine?

It seems like it is required to extend that leg fully for proper ventilation. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks a bunch,

Mark

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
The HS10 should be on a firm, flat surface that extends to the entire length and width of the projector. If the Book you have yours on goes under any of the legs or isn't big enough to be a complete support than that's probably the problem.

You're right that the ventilation comes from below so make sure there's nothing obstructing the flow and that the surface its on is wide, long, and flat enough. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
915 Posts
There have been a large number of post on this issue. The HS10 absolutely needs good airflow to the bottom. My suggestion would be to raise both the front and rear at least an inch off any surface and insure that there is no obstruction to any of the the holes on the bottom of the projector.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by maddogmc
... insure that there is no obstruction to any of the the holes on the bottom of the projector.
As alluded to by HTCrazy, it is not necessary to cover the vent holes to have a cooling problem. I don't believe most people would intentionally (or even accidentally) cover the vents anyway.

If you have anything touching the plastic case at the rear of the unit, it seems to create a problem with cooling. Also there is a 15* limit when raising up the rear of the projector.

·
Registered
348 Posts
i had a similar experience. When i sat the proj flat on a box for a table type of setup i got the shutdown after about 5 minutes. If i sat it upside-down on top of a ladder for a celing type of install, i watched about 6 hours

of movies straight (i was bored ok?) without any problems. When it forst shut down, i was like "well crap, i guess i have the lamp bug people are talking about" But ever since i tried the upside down orientation i has worked like a champ. Now i guess it is time to buy/build a celing mount!

·
Registered
857 Posts
my HS10 is ceiling mounted . Before I had Peerless square mount that covered few holes, and during that time I experienced couple of Cover/Lamp failures . 2 months ago I bought 1" screws and washers . I placed washers between the mount and the HS10 creating ~0.7" spacing . Since then I never experienced Lamp/Cover light again .

Lamp Cover occured at ~30hours of Lamp Life, at the same time I created the spacing . Right now Im at 110 hours of Lamp Life and since 30 I did not get Lamp/Cover light anymore ( ? anymore ? still 2890 hours to go , crossed my fingers ! ) .

However if it's the Lamps fault, get it replaced . My Lamp warranty just ended, but since it only costs $200 I won't be TOO pissed if I would have to buy one ...

Once you go with PJ you can NEVER go back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.